NCCC provides lifelong learning opportunities for everyone. Learn how these opportunities can benefit you.
NCCC’s Workforce Development’s accelerated workforce training, in-demand skills certification programs, and customized training solutions offer convenient options to meet your needs. Our continuing professional education services bring together an extensive curriculum of technology, business, and professional development courses. We can integrate and customize these resources to best fit your needs. Training is our core business and our staff, instructors and trainers are ready to assist in developing and implementing a training plan that supports your individual or business model and helps achieve your learning goals!
· Kidney Dialysis Technician
· Computerized Medical Billing
· Medical Billing Certification Prep
· Medical Coding CCA Certification Prep
· Electrocardiogram Technician (EKG)
· Sterile Processing Technician
· Infection Control
· Child Abuse Identification & Reporting
· Pharmacy Technician
· Pre-Assignment 8 hour Course
· 16 hour On the Job Training Course
· 8 Hour Annual In-Service Course
Emergency Medical Services
· Emergency Technician Original
· Advanced EMT Original
· Advanced EMT Critical Care
· Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
· Re-cert Courses for All Levels
· Driver Education
· Insurance and Point Reduction
· Driver Improvement (Traffic School)
· Motorcycle Rider Course
At NCCC’s Corporate Training Department, our primary mission is to provide high quality, training to your entire workforce. We will work with you to custom design any course that will help your employees to become more productive and your business more competitive.
New Employee/Pre-Employment Training
New employee training is designed to prepare recently hired employees to enter your workplace armed with the skills they will need to be productive on day one. Pre-employment programs can create talent pools of potential employees that are highly motivated and performance focused. Both programs will result in fewer turn overs and a faster ROI on your training investment.
Engage Talent and Refocus Resources
Your company’s success depends on motivated and committed employees that play a real part in helping your business meet its goals. Investment in your human resources is a key strategic step to achieving your organization’s objectives. Our training and development programs will help you attract and retain the very best people and help you avoid employee obsolescence and stagnation.
Mandatory and Industry Required Training
Your business may require training as a matter of policy or be required by state or federal government to provide specific training. NCCC has a long, successful history in helping companies maintain regulatory compliance. Whether your team needs violence in the workplace training or OSHA training, NCCC can help.
- Business Analysis
- Business Communication
- Business Process Management
- Computer Applications
- Environmental Training
- Manufacturing Skills (Solidworks, CAD, IPC, Soldering)
- New Employee Training/Retraining
- Organization Development
- OSHA Compliance
- Professional Development
- Project Management
- Quality (ISO, Lean Six Sigma)
- Safety & Health Training
- Supervisory Leadership
Driving Safety Program
NCCC Department of Community Education offers several driving safety courses. They are Defensive Driving, Driving Improvement, Driver Education, and Motorcycle Safety training course.
The three (3) hour Driving Improvement Program is for area traffic court defendants who have been referred by the local judiciary for a safe driving course. Admittance into the program is arranged with local traffic courts and the college administrator. This course is under the auspices of the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles.
The six (6) hour Defensive Driving course is an insurance and point reduction program that includes safe driving education. This course is cosponsored by the National Safety Council and is approved by the NYS Department of Motor Vehicles.
The Driver Education course is designed for individuals 16 years of age and older. Students under 18 who successfully complete the program will receive the New York State MV-285 (Blue Card) and may qualify for an insurance reduction credit.
The New York State Department of Motor Vehicles approved Motorcycle Training Safety course or Basic Rider Course is designed for beginning riders. Exercises in a controlled environment provide a complete introduction to motorcycling. Motorcycles and helmets are provided for your use during the course. The pre-requisite for this course is a motorcycle learner’s permit.
Course offerings and class schedules vary from semester to semester, so those interested in coursework should contact Workforce Development at (716) 614-6292 or visit our website at http://www.niagaracc.suny.edu/wd/?section=wd for an updated schedule.
Pre-Collegiate; Non-Credit Remedial Coursework
The goal of the Pre-Collegiate Program is to provide the academic support needed to maximize success. It’s never too early or too late to develop skills for academic success. Successful learners realize that it takes a combination of skills - attitude, organization, personal (time, task & stress) management, prioritization, concentration and motivation - to achieve their goals. Offered are a variety of non-credit workshops and courses to prepare students to enter an academic program or with the basic skills (reading, writing, arithmetic) necessary for employment.
Students interested in non-credit remedial courses are those who:
- are returning to college after a break in education
- have had a negative experience with high school or previous college attendance
- failed one or more of the college entrance tests in math, writing, and reading
- failed one or more college foundations courses in math, writing, and reading
- have learning challenges due to a learning disability
- want to improve their English language skills in reading, writing, and/or conversation
- lack basic computer skills necessary for college success
Learning opportunities include:
- Preparation for taking the high school equivalency examination, TASC (Test Assessing Secondary Completion) test, replaces GED
- Pre-Collegiate Computer Basics, Reading/Writing, and Math
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Academic Success Skills (personal management skills - time, task, and stress)
Computer Skills Training Courses Include:
- Introduction to Computers
- Introduction to Keyboarding
- Introduction to the Internet
- Introduction to Microsoft Windows
- Introduction to Microsoft Office
- Introduction to Microsoft Word
- Introduction to Spreadsheets using Excel
- Introduction to PowerPoint
Niagara Falls Trott Access Center
The Niagara Falls Extension Site is located at the Trott Access Center at 1001 Eleventh Street and Ashland Avenue in the heart of Niagara Falls. Through the successful collaboration of Niagara County’s various community partners located in the Trott Access Center, adults and youth are provided a myriad of educational, career and supportive services. If you have questions, please contact (716) 278-8151.