Nov 17, 2019
Associate in Applied Science
Opportunities in many specialized occupations are enhanced by the completion of an associate’s degree.
The NCCC Approach
The Individual Studies degree requirements allow students considerable latitude in the selection of elective courses, which will both enhance their cultural outlook and further their career goals.
Students admitted in September and January. Not available for freshmen students.
The Individual Studies program is offered as a full-time day program or part-time evening program. Because of the sequencing of courses, it may take longer than four semesters to complete the part-time evening program or two semesters to complete the full-time day program if a student begins in a spring semester.
Program Goals and Objectives
- To advance the education of career-oriented students by applying credit from an earned certificate toward the Associate in Applied Science degree as part of an individually designed occupational program of study.
- To allow students the opportunity to explore personal, academic and/or occupational interests through liberal arts and free electives.
Student Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this program, the student will :
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills from certificate program.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and write efficiently.
- Demonstrate an understanding of one or more of the following areas: humanities, fine arts, social sciences, mathematics or science and health/physical education.
* Dependent upon the fulfillment of Academic Foundations requirements.
All matriculated students in this curriculum are eligible for scholarships. See scholarship area of this catalog for specific information and criteria.