The World Wide Web is ubiquitous–there isn’t a business or organization that doesn’t have a web presence of some sort. Behind this web presence are the web designers and web developers, whose job is to develop a creative visual design, effective interactivity and user-friendly and accessible content.
The NCCC Digital Media: Web Production certificate program provides the skills for entry-level positions in web design. This career requires a combination of creativity and technical skills to produce fully functional websites.
The NCCC Approach
The certificate program is an intensive 31-credit-hour program that concentrates on the acquisition of skills used in the creation of websites. This program is ideal for someone who has already earned a degree or is working in a related field and would like to update his or her skills.
Students in the Digital Media: Web Production certificate program gain practical experience in the planning, creating and maintaining a website. This includes the design and layout of websites that incorporate graphic images, animation, forms, databases and interactive multimedia components. Students will learn to code websites using HyperText Markup Language (HTML), Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and Adobe Dreamweaver. They will also use Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Flash and ActionScript to create multimedia elements and interactivity.
Students admitted in September and January.
Program Mission Statement
The Digital Media program strives to provide students with the skills and knowledge to be successful in an ever-changing technology-based industry by emphasizing adherence to industry standards, encouraging creativity and developing students’ capacity for life-long learning.
Program Goals and Objectives
- To prepare students for entry-level positions in digital media related fields
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the certificate program in Digital Media, a graduate will be able to:
- Identify digital media technologies and their use in the creation of digital media content.
- Demonstrate the application of design principles in the development of digital media content.
- Digitize and electronically manipulate audio, video, and graphic images.
- Create a digital portfolio or demo reel of his/her work.
- Design and develop a website using current standards for coding
Digital Media students have access to two state-of-the-art digital media computer classrooms (Macintosh and Windows PC). In addition students have access to a fully digital, high-definition TV studio with green screen and virtual set capabilities and digital audio recording and video production/editing facilities.
The following software programs are used in the Digital Media program:
- Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Flash and Dreamweaver.
- Apple Final Cut Studio including Final Cut Pro, Motion, Soundtrack Pro, Color, Compressor and DVD Studio Pro.
- Apple iLife Suite including iMovie, iDVD, GarageBand and iPhoto
- DigiDesign Pro Tools
- Microsoft Word, Access and PowerPoint
- Web 2.0 tools such as Google Docs, Jing, Wetpaint